Wednesday, March 9, 2011

21st Century

Dear Older People,

THIS IS NOT THE 80's.... or 70's.... or 60's... This is 2011.  Us kids do things differently.  Don't try to tell me that your parents wanted you to listen to the Rolling Stones, and wear your hair long, and wear funky colorful clothing.  Teenagers have been and will be differet from your childhood.  Hip-hop and faux-hawks and pants lower than your belly button are "in".  Please try to accept this and calm down.  I feel better now. Thank you



                                                                                                            
                                                                                                                  
                                                      

2 comments:

  1. Dear teenage boy,

    First, you're off by (at least) a decade for your dear mom. And yes, I WAS a perfect child - just ask your grandmother! :-D

    Second, I don't care about faux-hawks and while I'm not a huge fan of hiphop, I can tolerate it as long as there is no foul language. But what you call pants lower than your belly button, I CALL looking-like-a-low-class-wanna-be-gangbanger.

    I'm so glad that you feel better now, but you'd still better pull your da** pants up when you're around your mother!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear teenage boy- I completely agree with you on a lot of this- and i am an old lady! However, being one of the first in Tallahassee to sport a mohawk, listen to the Sex Pistols, etc gives me a bit of a different perspective on things.
    However, I have to let you know one thing: the wearing of pants low enough to see your booty-crack? That practice started in prison by the 'ladies' of the jail cells- so that their 'men' counterparts could have easy access. This practice started in the prisons back in the 80's and has since made its way into common practice. Yet when I see it I still think of that- and so do many others! I feel that if more kids knew how the fad began they may pull up their britches!
    Anyway- you are right in a lot of it- and so is your mom- you are off by a decade or so! But hey- it's the thought that counts! Go for it- be an individual! Just don't cuss around people who don't cuss, have respect for others and all will be well.
    Hip-hoppingly yours,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete